View my other blog - www.thekitchengoddess.blogspot.com

panelarrow

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Araneta Coliseum's Le Grand Cirque Brings Back Memories of Christmas Past

Watching Le Grand Cirque at the Araneta Coliseum during the special show yesterday made me nostalgic about Christmas past at Araneta Center. I'm not sure if all you of remember Fiesta Carnival and the Holiday Season shows at the Araneta Coliseum like the Harlem Globe Trotters, circus, and other shows. And who still remember C.O.D. Department Store? I remember going there with my family and be part of the sea of people outside the store just after twilight to watch the much-awaited annual animated Christmas display? Take note that all of these were before Disney on Ice, Puregold, Shopwise, and Gateway Mall.

Le Grand Cirque brought back all those happy childhood memories and I'm now looking forward to create another book of memories with my daughter and hubby.

Here's some snippets of Le Grand Cirque:

The aerial stunts are really amazing and I guess every one was also holding their breaths (like me) as our eyes are glued to the lovely lady who is up on a very high swing doing some death-defying moves gracefully. 


The 'old' kid in me was expecting the usual juggling stint with the ball or bowling pins but hats? Everyone was craning their necks and being mesmerized by the performance. You can even hear ooohs and ahhhs from the crowd. 


There's also the exotic dance performance of these ladies. A spell-binding performance with precise movements. How did they do that? 


And last but not the least, the funny clown! Okay, I admit that I was a bit skeptical especially since I interviewed the clown. I mean, what comes to mind is a round guy wearing polka dot clothes, curly wig, and a red button nose. Read here, Amazing BTS of Le Grand Cirque. But oh my, we were all laughing at his antics. And its really cool since he is literally all over the show. It was also fun to note that both kids and adults (including the lolo in front of me) really find the clown funny. 



Le Grand Cirque is such an amazing show and since it will run for a limited time, watching it is a nice family bonding activity. 

Le Grand Cirque is a two-hour performance that will definitely won't make everyone sit still because each performance is breath-taking, exciting, mesmerizing, and funny.  It runs from December 25 to January 3, 2017 at the Araneta Coliseum. Tickets range from PHP 150 to PHP 1,500 and is available at the Araneta Coliseum and at Ticketnet.com.ph


viva manilena 
great circus




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

A member of Philippine Bloggers Network

A member of Mommy Blogger Philippines

Mommy Bloggers Philippines
Viva Manilena Blog by Edel Santiago. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Viva Manilena | Powered by Blogger
Design by AnarielDesign | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com